!!

Register new account or login on the forum!

To have a full access of the forum please create a new account! Click here or login with your account Click here.

collapse

Support us!

Support membergroup

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 79
  • Dot Spiders: 0
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Poll

What do you think about Lineage 2?

I think Lineage 2 is too old game and new generation plays to new, fast and mobile games
8 (10.5%)
I think that changing something, people will come back to play as we have a good base of players
23 (30.3%)
I think that we need to evolve the Lineage 2 concept to something categorically different and I've a lot of ideas
9 (11.8%)
I think that, also if Lineage 2 world is still alive, you are died and we hate you to have this rich of bugs and too customized pack
0 (0%)
I would like to have a good private pack, paying for improvements, bug fixes and support
31 (40.8%)
Stop please with this stupid questions, I just want a pack to play with my friends!
5 (6.6%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Voting closed: April 03, 2017, 11:37:48 AM

Author Topic: Lineage 2 World  (Read 39454 times)

Offline Shyla

Lineage 2 World
« on: February 02, 2017, 10:37:48 AM »
Hello Guys and Welcome Back to L2jFrozen Project!
Thanks to Nefer for great work to setup again the site domain and forum, but I'm very sad to hear about lost forum backup: it was a great value added for our community  :'(.
By the way, the community is the forum, not the content, so we decided together to restore the L2jFrozen Project forum in order to allow community to easy discuss each other and share useful information to solve issues whenever required or to share ideas for their server. Again, Welcome back community :)!
The major question we had before restore the forum was "How many guys still believe in Lineage 2 Interlude?"... for sure that is not an easy question to answer, we don't know how many servers are still alive in the world for Lineage 2 in general and how many are interlude as well: the game is an old game, played by PC, while the new generation just use consolle or smartphones/tablets to play... New generation doesn't know about Lineage 2 and more guys/childrens don't know about specific version, Interlude, that was a really success in the past. So what is the "public" for our work?
I think that with current pack, current content and current technology we cannot think to have the success we had in the past, so what we can do? Maybe we have to change something :), that's why this pool..

Thanks again to stay with us :), that means in the past we gave you satisfaction and we would like to do the same in the next years!

Shyla

Offline Nefer

• Electric & Electronic engineer
    • Interlude c6 project
Re: Lineage 2 World
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 03:06:40 PM »
For the people that vote on the poll please leave a comment here trying to argue their decision.

It is important that you give us more informations that will help us to take the best decision for the future of this project.

Greetings,
Nefer

Offline levy

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 03:10:13 PM »
I think the project can come back, as long as a lot is fixed. Interlude did not die, but the administrators who are killing them shortly.

Offline Dandilo

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 09:32:30 PM »
There are several alternative projects based on frozen and these projects are very high quality, the reason for this is that the DEVs of the alternative projects are working hard, you (us) are also capable of this, do not let the dream die.

Greetings,
Dân

Offline exil33t

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 12:06:27 PM »
Hello there guys, I've been in the same position recently as I was into server administration and developement (not in the extend I can do that now) for 3 years or so. I'm now graduating computer science and I was into thinking about making a come back into Lineage II or starting game developement on my own (prolly mobile, as they tend to favour more indie game developers).
Studying briefly the current situation into Lineage I came to the conclusion that neither it's current cummunity nor possibilities for extension and financial profit will be rewarding to a degree others could for that much time invested.

Try to evaluate opinions and suggestions in from those answering point of view. Most of them will actually make positive comments and encourage you to make it back and continiue to provide a stable and custom open source environment that they can base their custom server on (not that I can judge them being bad, but they will not answer objectively).

What I would suggest you, drop Lineage II for good.
It's been my passion also for a long time, developing the world I so much loved once was the best feeling I could get, I guess you felt that too. But I think it's the time for you to move on. If you still like games and you are into game developement start another tremendously creative and fun journey of actually making a game of your own. Possibilities are endless into game developement especially for mobile games. You can get into the industry and some day make actual money that will make you do a good living, a really good living that will pay back those countless hours and lines of code you're willing to put into.

I'm really sad to say I think lineage is actually dead, it has lost all it's glow and it's gaming experience has decayed long time now. You have to do nothing but take a look at hopzone or visit some servers on your own, Lineage can't be compared even at 1/10 that what is has been like even 4-5 years ago. Especially for C6. There may be a breathing part of it that now playing at the official Lineage II Servers to chronicles that actually represents how Lineage II has to be in 2017.

I'd like to wish you good luck to everything you wanna do,
Both Shyla and Nefer have been a great plus to the scene and both have put some serious blocks to the building.
I think it's time for you to move on, make use of your skills and imagination and put that to something unique, something of your own, something that one day can grow big unlike L2 C6 which will only grow smaller at the future.

Offline Nefer

• Interlude c6 project
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 08:12:43 PM »
I can agree in part with you, exil33t.

However, also speaking with Shyla, my idea would be to create a pack completely private, the reasons are many and some are obvious. I do not want to influence any decision to the other users, so now we will wait a bit of time and we will see how the poll end... giving us an idea of what the users want today.

The idea of returning as before to develop sources in a completely open source i can say it's difficult, but not impossibile. Mainly because both me and Shyla have less time and in any case we would be even more motived if behind our work there is a remuneration, also if it's small.

Please for the new users on the forum, after the vote write your opinion with a new post. Thank you

/discuss

Offline pauler

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 08:20:14 PM »
I am not really informed of what's happening lately in the l2j scene or l2 in general, but I believe the only reason to work on this project at this point is nostalgia. Lineage 2 community has surely shrunk over the years, and there already is a fair share of projects, especially for interlude. If nostalgia is not a factor for you, maybe you should start a project of something else, maybe a standalone game for example. It's a lot of work, and since this is a propably a hobby for you it's going to take a while, but it will surely keep you entertained, and you are going to learn a thing or two along the way. Or find another ready game to and try to write the server-side code for it. Or if you decide to keep working on l2, why don't you fork acis and evolve it the way you want from that point on. Whatever you decide to do, I wish you best of luck.

Offline Crytek

• l2 forever
    • Immortal
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2017, 08:45:27 PM »
I hope to have updated frozen then acis s.., i hope you team revive this project and make best on the market))
And make not free !!!

PS use ipb or xenforo forum  now is 2017 !
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 08:47:21 PM by Crytek »

Offline Akken

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2017, 09:26:16 PM »
Hello Shyla, hope you remember me old friend :) .. Its because of me we had good connection until i dont remember what happened and you kicked me from forums etc.. Well i voted for private pack , i would pay what it takes to continue this work .. People say ACIS ACIS and shits.. your pack was and it is more stable for my opinion.. There are many haters cause of maxcheaters and acis.. yea tryskell does a good job.. but yea i see more results on frozen.. i am using still your last rev , problems? yea it had but not as many critical as acis.. If you go private count me in since i support it from the first minute of the forum was created back in the years :)

Yours , Akken

P.S i hope you will remember me as Nefer, nefer though kept me in contacts and chatted some times :)

Offline protoftw

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2017, 01:20:06 AM »
Hello guys,

First of all,I've been using frozen and all I can say is that it's a user-friendly ,easy to handle and a great pack to start a server..Ofcourse there are changes that need to happen but as we all know , you can't have something completely perfect in a short time..Everything needs its time.

Secondly and more important, choosing to go private in my opinion is wrong.All projects nowdays are private..There are many reasons to do that and I totally understand that (protecting your work etc.).Working on it and offering it to people free may be really harsh for you because anyone can take your work and sell it.But more than that it's the work that matters and the hours you spent everyday on it..Choosing not to go private and work on it and recruit people to work with you and create a stable project and a fully working forum would be better.It needs time , reputation but also it needs cooperation and understanding..So,going free I think it will help you grow a better community that really cares about l2jfrozen..Forum members and staff needs to be really good in order to make a really nice team of many people who will be able to offer their services..Even if it's a simple npc creation, it doesnt matter because in the end you will know that people are trying to help you and your project.

In conclusion,the choice is clearly yours and we all respect that..Do not forget that..Make sure that before reading all these replies and checking the vote poll is not going to influence your judgment.You need to count on us and we need to count on you.

Offline Sokin

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2017, 11:15:12 AM »
For the people that vote on the poll please leave a comment here trying to argue their decision.

It is important that you give us more informations that will help us to take the best decision for the future of this project.

Greetings,
Nefer

After 10 Years + of Hard Work On Many Lineage 2 Projects I Think L2JFrozen is The Best European Interlude Free Pack Around The World With Many Options Inside For All Kind of Servers.I Have Worked-Used On L2JFrozen Pack This Kind Of Servers Mid Rate,High Rate,Stucksubs and all Was Successfull and Effort to me and my players nice memories.So Because This pack Have many Basic Options[Workable 90%] for Many Kind of Servers i Believe that We must work for one month to make all the configs of this project 100% Workable and without basic bugs.After this work one small update for visual-Html options can be added because we run on 2017 where all lineage 2 funs have a preconfigured pack with basic npcs imported.Also a new Library must opened from l2jfrozen team To Add All The Reworks There with official posts.Afters this Simple 3 Steps pack can run with Revisions and some Free -Premium - Vip Packs with Low Prices [0-10-20Euro] Lifetime.

1.Rework All The Configs to be 100% Workable.Don't Add new.
2.Some Visual-Html Updates For All The Basic Features You Offer To Us.
3.New library with All Reworks Inside.

Good Luck And Welcome Back.Grats to all www.l2jfrozen.com team who offer to us all this years all of his work for Free and Give to All of Us a Nice and Stable Pack.For the Upcoming Reason i can Work for free like Hard Tester to Give Some Help Back.

English Vol 1.

Offline vangog

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2017, 12:56:31 PM »
Oh, how glad I am that you're back! Your Interlude project believe not one of the best, and the best of the free! I fixed a few bugs with your last audit, but have not been able to summon shadow make operating a passive skill vampirik, was very surprised when I found it. I hope we will continue to maintain and develop a pet project l2jFrozen, sorry for my english. It is a pity that there are no developers are from Russia.

Offline pedra

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2017, 05:55:24 AM »
I believe a private package with frequent fixes is the best option.

Interlude is alive, we need fixes for all bugs found, to be able to offer fun without bugs, in our servers.

Offline vangog

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2017, 01:13:07 PM »
Work will continue in the repository svn, or will change?

Offline Nefer

• Interlude c6 project
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2017, 01:29:35 PM »
Work will continue in the repository svn, or will change?

We will give more infos next days, don't have hurry!  ;)

* l2jfrozen shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Please don't use the shoutbox for question, create new topic for it!
  • ReDBullz0r: why cant i compile the pack through eclipse? its asking for a username and password
    February 04, 2024, 09:52:17 PM
  • warc222: Shyla Shyla hi why don't you start developing high five classic Interlude there are no such good builds
    January 12, 2024, 08:32:55 PM
  • warc222: lineage 2 classic interlude 110 protocol
    January 05, 2024, 03:27:23 AM
  • warc222: hi shilay, could you use Lineage 2 classic Interlude or another version of the game Lineage 2 essence as a basis?
    January 05, 2024, 03:26:04 AM
  • L2Saturn: Manye 30 years old want get some old times back, we not need kids in L2 :D Interlude BEST
    December 20, 2023, 09:33:56 PM
  • Shyla: Guys, sorry but life requires time I did not know when I started to work on frozen. Linwage had been my passion, but I have not such time to work on again. More, the game itself now is just for who played in the past, is not attractive for new generations, so I dont think it's good decision to restart to work on that
    December 18, 2023, 06:38:36 PM
  • warc222: aunty aunty when will the work be updated??
    December 17, 2023, 01:08:18 PM
  • warc222: oo hi shila, we will be waiting for you near your house with a pitchfork so that you can start doing the project again
    December 17, 2023, 01:07:22 PM
  • Shyla: I know that xD
    November 28, 2023, 01:31:06 PM
  • L2Saturn: is this project die? L2JFrozen reborn please fuck off all other Project Frozen was the best since years!
    November 22, 2023, 04:14:00 PM
  • markus24: sweep festiv
    July 05, 2023, 06:03:49 AM
  • gatos: how to compile
    October 30, 2022, 12:50:22 PM
  • criss282828: A tutorial about how to compile? What Java JDK i need? Still compile with SVN?
    April 25, 2022, 02:18:13 AM
  • Damon: [link] - INTERLUDE server FILES (Pack) Recommend our files and get a REAL MONEY: [link]
    March 16, 2022, 01:08:50 PM
  • Damon: [link] - INTERLUDE server FILES (Pack) Recommend our files and get a REAL MONEY: [link]
    March 16, 2022, 01:08:45 PM
    March 16, 2022, 01:08:39 PM
  • pabblo525: donde se descarga el datapack 1.5
    February 13, 2022, 05:04:45 PM
  • Dan: I need an interlude pack with customs (acis is retail with nothing)
    November 13, 2021, 04:46:49 PM
  • Dan: is this project alive or what?
    November 13, 2021, 04:46:23 PM
  • kaisan34: Hola alguien que hable en español?
    September 25, 2021, 07:56:46 PM